Middle School Vlog
Meet teachers here every Monday and your class day for activities.
Social Media Survey
In the age of Zoom it is important that we use all the online tools at our fingertips. Leadership would like to know what online platforms you and your family use. Please complete the following survey.
Monday Zoom Lab
Good morning! Yes, we are having some challenges with Edgenuity crashing. It is no problem, however, because both 7th and 8th grade have projects outside of Edgenuity that we can work on. And...I have opened up all of Coach Woods' PE videos. Get out there and do some PE!!
See project lists below:
8th Grade Project
7Objective: Students will apply critical thinking skills to investigate possible careers and choose colleges or training programs that have high value.
As our final project we are investigating potential careers to help guide our studies once we enter high school. There are 7 elements to this project.
1. 4 Year Plan
2. Career Interest Inventory (Due)
3. Multimedia Presentation-Career 1 (Due)
4. Multimedia Presentation-Career 2 (Due Monday May 18)
5. Virtual College/Training School Visitation Reflection (Due May 21)
6. Weebly Page Dedicated to this project (Due)
7. Student led conference with parents (Due June 1)
-Monday-May 25-9:00-12:00 and 2:00-4:00
-Thursday-May May 28-9:00-7:00
Please post the URL to your website project page in the comments at the bottom of this post by 11:00 today. We look forward to hearing your presentation!
8th Grade Blog
I have been so impressed with the quality of PSA videos you all have created. These will be a powerful centerpiece to your blog posts. Below you will see links to some exemplars from our class.
Please have your blogs ready to share Thursday morning when we meet in our Zoom class. Post the url here by 9:30 so that we all can easily access. To make sure your blog is effective please use the following checklist:
a. Is the blog posted on your Weebly on an actual blog page so that people can comment?
b. Have you posted your PSA video?
c. Have you written a simple argumentative essay that states your claim, supports it thoroughly, addresses the counterclaim and calls people to action?
d. Have you asked people to engage with your blog in some way? (comment, survey, etc.)
e. Are there at least 4 elements? (videos, writing, pictures, links to support websites, etc.)
f. Have you had a family member or classmate read/view it and give you feedback?
2020 School Restructuring Discussion
Talk about which of these models would fit your family best:
a. Continuing as we are now. Zoom goal setting and instruction. Little to no onsite contact.
b. Meetings with the lead teacher only on site. (Once a week or once every 2 weeks.)
c. Class sessions with very small class sizes of 5-8 other students.
d. Class sessions with 9-15 other students.
Things to keep in mind:
1. 13-18% of Covid-19 positive people show no symptoms.
2. U.S. testing capabilities do not provide for daily, weekly, or monthly testing.
3. Vaccine will not likely be available for this school year.
4. Students who have successfully kept up with their work will most likely have freedom in their choice of instructional model.
Once your family has completed the discussion please respond in comments as to which model above you would most likely like to follow next year. Then, design your outline based on your entire families' wishes. This outline is due by next Wednesday. Please turn in to Google Classroom. There will be no My Access submission.
8th Grade PSA
As a preparation for our Zoom class today, please come with your "Call to Action" and your slogan/tag line. We will discuss what makes a powerful Public Service Announcement. Here are the steps you will be taking in order to complete your project:
1. Pick your issue
2. Research what the status is now, what needs to be done, and how it can be done
3.. Decide on your call to action/call for change
4.. Create a memorable slogan
5. Create your outline, script, and/or storyboard (Due today.)
6. Gather or create all the videos, clips or pictures you will need
7. Insert media into iMovie, Wevideo or other video creation program
8. Insert Captions if needed
9. Complete voice over or music
10. Ensure transitions are smooth
11. Create a works cited or credit roll for end of movie
12. Show your rough draft to a family member for final edit
13. Finish and upload to Google Drive, share with Mrs. Syfert and do a student teacher edit on or by Thursday, May 14th
14. Design your blog on your Weebly page and insert your PSA video as the main part. Due May 20.
7th Grade Zoom
Hello. Please meet us on Zoom at 10:00. During our class today we will be visiting our Blogs. Post your URL in the comments below. Visit your partners blog and as many others as you can. Leave positive comments for everyone!
8th Grade Career Interest
Thank you all for the fabulous Zoom meeting this morning! Loved seeing you all again. After taking your Career Interest Inventory, found in Google Classroom, post your top 2 most interesting career results here in our comment section.
See ya Thursday!
Hello 8th grade! Only 5 weeks left in middle school! This is the push to the end. Here are today's goals: